Helpful Information for Parents

Canvas Parent App directions

How Do I Observe My Child in Canvas

My Payments Plus

Online Meal Application/Free and Reduced Lunch Application

Parents Make the Difference

School Nutrition and Fitness (Here you can find menus, SuperKids Newsletters and fitness and nutrition information.)

Newton County Schools Parent Page

Parent Guides to Student Success

Bus Route/School Zone Information

Please check E-Link weekly on the NCSS’s website as their child’s bus route
information may change during the phase in periods.

 I. Use the following link to lookup School Zone by Address.
II. Use the following link to find Bus Route Information.
III. Directions for finding bus route information:

                  a.  First, enter the username (student ID or lunch number) and password
                       (date of birth – MMDDYYYY).
                        If you do not know your student’s ID number, you can access it by logging on to the
                        Parent Portal.
                  b.  Once logged in, choose “work with students.” Then choose “view my students.”                 
                       Then click on your student’s name.
                  c.   E-Link will then display your student’s bus route number, bus stop times,
                        and bus stop location.

 IV. If you have any questions regarding transportation or E-Link, please email [email protected]
contact the pupil transportation department at 770-784-2909.

New Student Registration

New Student Registration

Age & Attendance Requirements

Admissions in School 

Children who have reached their fourth birthday on or before September 1 of the current academic year are
eligible to participate in the lottery drawing for pre-kindergarten slots, while those that will reach their fifth
birthday on or before September 1 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten. 

When enrolling a child into the Newton County School System, the following items are necessary:

  • Certified copy of the student's Birth Certificate
  • Student's Social Security Card
  • Form 3231: GA Certificate of Immunization
  • New Immunization Requirements
  • Form 3300: GA Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Examination (this is only required for students entering a GA
  • public school for the first time.)
  • Parent or Guardian Photo ID
  • Proof of Custody/Guardianship (if the birth parent is not registering the student)
  • Proof of Newton County Residency MUST be a lease, deed, signed closing statement or non-contingent sales
  • contract AND at least one utility bill (gas, electric, water).
  • Withdrawal forms (or final report card) from previous school
  • Certified copy of the student's Discipline Report (for students entering 7th-12th grade)
  • If the student never got into trouble, a letter from the school stating that the child has no discipline record is required in lieu of a Discipline Report.
  • Note: 
  • The person registering the student MUST be the parent named on the birth certificate unless official guardianship papers are presented.
  • In the case of divorced parents, only the parent who has "primary physical custody" as designated in the final divorce decree will be permitted to register the student. ****MUST present final divorce paperwork at registration.
  • The name(s) on the proofs of residency MUST be the parent named on the birth certificate or designated as the official guardian on the official paperwork. If the proof of residency is in the name of a step-parent, a marriage certificate MUST be presented that proves the step-parent and official parent/guardian are married.
  • Absolutely NO "notarized letters" will be accepted in lieu of official guardianship papers.
  • If a student is transferring from a GA public school and enrolling for grades 4, 6 or 9 and proof of passing the reading and math portions of the GCRCT is not provided, the student will be placed in the previous grade UNTIL acceptable proof of passing is provided.
  • If a certified copy of the student's Discipline Report (or acceptable previous school letter) is not provided upon registration of a student who is 15 years old or younger, the student will be enrolled at Sharp Alternative School UNTIL the parent presents an acceptable official Discipline Report or letter. IF a student is 16 years or older and doesn't provide an acceptable Discipline Report upon enrollment, the student will not be permitted to enroll in the Newton County School System.

Parents Right to Know

Parents Right to Know-Spanish